Lasia (Kohila) is a member of the family Araceae, the plant scientifically named as Lasia spinosa. This is a marshy plant with a creeping spiny rhizome. The plant distributes in Sri Lanka, China ,India, Malaysia, Indonesia and New Guinea. The plant is cultivated in marshy areas, muddy streams and swampy grounds. The young (tender) leaves and rhizomes are used as a vegetable in the most parts of the world.
Leaves are alternate, long- and spiky-stalked having broad leaf blades that are arrow-shaped and 20-30 cm long when young. The leaves are divided into 4-8 pairs of lance-shaped lobes up to 4 cm wide when mature. The petiole is 30-40 cm long, veins beneath the petiole and peduncle prickly.
In the indigenous system of medicine the plant is recommended for a variety of disorders such as cholic, rheumasm, intesnal disorders. In addition, stalk and leaves demonstrate profound ancestodal eﬃcacy.
The healthiest Lasis shoots is included in our products. No preservatives are used then it is 100% natural
Lasis shoots can be harvested about 8-12 months after planting. About 150 bundles of shoots can be taken as harvest from 50m2 area at a time.
INGREDIENTS OF PRODUCT
Lasia Shoots, Water, Salt, Citric Acid
PACK SIZE: 560g (THIS PRODUCT IS ONLY FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION)
NUTRITION FACTS OF PRODUCT
Lasia shows important antibacterial activity against important human pathogens and prominent antioxidant effect due to the presence of potential phytochemicals.
Terpinoid Limonene, ß-elemene, squalene, carpphyllene
Volatile oil Methyl octadec-6,9-dien-12-ynoate, a-glyceryl-linolalate a -pinene, a -selinene, camphene, 8-3-carene, camphor
Phenolics 4-Hydroxybenzoic acid, morin, cinnamic acid, syringic acid, gentisic acid
Fatty acids Methyl ester of oleic acid, palmitic acid, stearic acid, epoxyoleic acid
Steroid Spinasterone, /3- sitosterol, y-sitosterol, stigmasterol, campesterol, crinosterol,
Alkane Hexatriacontane, heptacosane
HEALTH BENEFITS OF LASIA SHOOTS
- The plant was used as a traditional medicine to treat many inflammatory diseases for centuries.
- It is also used against stomach ache, colics, rheumatism, and to treat sore throat.
- This plant is also recommended as effective for the treatment of sore throat, constipation, to purify the blood, on lung inflammation, bleeding cough, and uterine cancer.
- It reduces unnecessary toxins in the intestines and is effective for other disorders in the intestines.
- In India, the leaves are used in Ayurvedic medicine to help reduce symptoms of stomachaches, coughs, and asthma.
- It helps to increase appetite and the function of the kidneys and heart, good for swelling, parasitic diseases and matures tumors.
- It increases appetite and body weight, reduces urine output and burning sensation in the body.
- The tuber reduces bleeding and is given after indigestion and diarrhea (not during).
- It is suitable for liver conditions. Due to the high prevalence of fiber, it gives a good motion.
- Bark, seeds, roots and resin are used in medicinal preparations for piles, skin diseases and worm diseases.
PROCESSING OF LASIA SHOOTS IN BRINE SOLUTION
Lasia Shoots (Kohila Dalu) is widely used as a food in Asian countries. It can be cooked in several ways. The most common types of cooking are Curry and Tempered. This is a very tasty delicacy.